Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 9th, 2010 06:00

Missing programm after reinstallation

Hi there! I hope that somone can help me.

Beginnign of this year I purchased a DEL studio xps 1645. After booting I was a bit curios about the quite high processor load and that the fan was running very often when no programm was running. Somewhere on the Dell-Customer-Feedback side I found the recommendation to reinstall WIN7, what I did. Now the processor load is only half the load of before and the fan does not spin up so often. But there is one small nifty feature what I'm now really missing: in the original installation a small panel-like program was started directly after booting - I don't now if this is a WIN7-feature or a separate programm. This small panel showed several icons for 'internet', 'games', 'office', ... When clicking on one icon, the icons of the respective programms appeared (for instance when clicking on 'office', the icons of word, excel and stuff appeared ). Own links to favourite programms could havebeen copied quite easily to this tool by drag'n drop.

I really miss this tool - it helped a lot to prevent the desktop to become an icon-jungle. Does someone know the name of this programm and where I can get it? I didn't found something like this on Dells download suport sites.

Thanks,
Torsten

3 Apprentice

• 

2.6K Posts

May 9th, 2010 11:00

Do you mean the Dell Dock?  You can download it again from below:

http://www.delldock.com/

2 Posts

May 9th, 2010 15:00

Hi Alexandra,

yes, that's it!