Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 12th, 2011 08:00

My Computer runs extremely slow.

My Computer runs extremely slow. I tried safe mode and it runs extremely slow there also. I performed a clean boot and found that when [Microsoft Service POWER] in Services is Disabled the computer runs fast. Just to make sure I disabled all Startup programs and all Services and the computer ran normal [fast]. I then disabled all Startup programs and all Services again and Enabled 'Microsoft Service POWER' (Microsoft Service POWER was the only service Enabled) and my computer ran extremely slow again. I have reinstalled Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pac 1 and the problem is still there. I have down loaded up date Studio XPS9100 VER. A04 SYSTEM BIOS but when I try to install it I get an error (NO MIX5800 HERE!) I need the Microsoft service POWER program. How can I fix this problem?

<ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

November 12th, 2011 10:00

The only google "hit" I found for this is a microsoft article.   Check it out and see if anything in there will help.  Click Me

5 Posts

November 15th, 2011 16:00

I couldn't find any thing there that would help. Thanks any way.

damardave

20.5K Posts

November 18th, 2011 13:00

Hi,

I'm wondering about the name: Microsoft Service POWER. Is that exactly how it is listed? I do not see that on my Windows 7 Studio in Startup or in Services. 

Are you sure that it is legit and not malware that is using a name similar to Microsoft Power Service? Please post back if you need help with a diagnosis.

5 Posts

November 25th, 2011 17:00

It is listed under services as (POWER) . I reinstaled Windows 7 and the problem is still there. Also I have no AUDIO.

5 Posts

November 25th, 2011 17:00

The service tag on the back of my computer is <ADMIN NOTE:Service tag removed per privacy policy>

The service tag in SYSTEM INFO is <ADMIN NOTE:Service tag removed per privacy policy>

5 Posts

December 20th, 2011 11:00

Can someone tell me why the service tag on the back of my computer is different than the service tag in SYSTEM INFO, and can someone tell me which one I should use?

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

December 20th, 2011 11:00

Either:

1) The motherboard was at one time changed - replaced under warranty or simply swapped with another system.

or

2) There was a mistake made at the factory.  I have only ever seen this once in all my years and hundreds of different Dell computers/servers.

Google "dell warranty information" and choose the first link (it appears to be down right at this moment), enter each Service Tag and see what comes up.  It may be very obvious from the information made available on that page regarding the Service Tags which is the right one.

If the motherboard is not the original board, then the one on the sticker/chassis is the right one.

No Events found!