Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 29th, 2012 18:00

My Dell Inspirion 14R 4110 wont let me run the factory disk

Im about to lose my brain!

Yesterday i tried to reset my Dell because it had some problems so i popped the disk in and waited. It asked me if i wanted to run this software , so i clicked "yes". After that, it popped up a warning i cant remember off-hand but it wouldnt work. I tried 4 more times and it still didnt work! Any suggestions or a solution would be helpful. Thanks!

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

May 30th, 2012 04:00

Attempt to perform A Clean Install of Windows as my wiki A Clean Install of Windows.

105 Posts

May 30th, 2012 10:00

Hi AlecPavi

Welcome to the community

As I understand you want to format reinstall the operating system, this is the recommended way to install that:

You need to boot the system from the CD, here are the steps you can use to reinstall the OS:

(I am assuming it is windows 7)

Steps for Windows 7 :

1              Insert the Windows Install DVD into the DVD drive, and then restart your computer. When the message Press any key to boot from the CD or DVD ... appears, press a key to continue booting to the DVD.

2              When the Dell logo appears, press the  F12  key to load the Boot Menu. If the menu does not appear, restart the system and tap  several times at the Dell logo screen.

3              When the Boot Menu appears, highlight the CD/DVD drive (listed as "CDROM", "CD/DVD" or "CD/DVD/CD-RW") entry from the list and press .

4              When the message Press any key to boot from the CD or DVD ... appears, press a key to continue booting to the DVD.

5              After Windows 7 Setup loads, confirms the Language, Time, Currency and Keyboard Method settings are correct then click Next.

6              On the Windows 7 Installation page, click Install Now.

7              Review the terms and click I accept the license terms to proceed.

8              On the Which type of installation do you want? Window, click Custom (advanced).

9              On the Where do you want to install Windows window, make sure the largest Primary Partition is selected then click Next. If the Primary partition has 0GB free, there should be a separate line for Unallocated Space. Select this unallocated space and click Next.

10            Your computer will restart several times during installation.

11           The Next couple of screens allow you to personalize and customize Windows7.

12           Once you see the Desktop, Windows 7 is completely installed.

You can also refer to the below link for the screen shots:

win7.dell.com/Eligibility.aspx

After that you need to install the drievrs let me know if you need help with them as well.

Glad to assist,

Ravi Mohindroo

Social Outreach Professional

You can reach us at http://en.community.dell.com/

No Events found!