Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 29th, 2012 16:00

Need space on a partition hard drive in Windows 7 ?

I have my hard drive in Windows 7 partition .In Computer Management  my C drive has 227 gig.  . My partition D drive only has 10 gig on it . 

I have updated win to 7 .This been a couple years. I did have microsoft tech. help me . Thats what he did .Partition my hard drive .

Now my D drive away say low on space . i

Can I add more Gigs to from my C drive to D drive ?

Thank you 

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

May 29th, 2012 16:00

Yes you can assuming they are on the same physical drive. Use EaseUS partition manager see my wiki Repartitioning your hard drive with EaseUs Partition Manager for full details.

Alternatively my wiki A Clean Install of Windows should wish to wipe everything and start over.

6 Posts

May 29th, 2012 17:00

That does not work . it will not let me add space to my D drive . i google this . there is alot of poeple with this problem

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

May 29th, 2012 19:00

There should not be "a lot of people" with this problem.  What is on your D: drive?  Is it your Recovery Partition?  If so, now that you have installed Windows 7, you don't need it anymore (in fact, you can't use it anymore) so just delete it and extend C: to fill the disk.

If D: is 10GB and not your Recovery Partition, WHY in the world do you have a 10GB partition?  It isn't big enough to do any good.  I would simply copy your data from D: to C:, then delete D:.

12 Posts

May 29th, 2012 20:00

If D drive contains the recovery files just leave it alone. Shrink C drive and create a new partition with the unallocated space. If there is no important data in D drive you can delete it, shrink C drive and create a large partition. Or you can resort to some reliable third partition software like Partition Assistant Home Edition which is free of charge.

June 1st, 2012 17:00

Hi infofrog,

Welcome to Dell community.

If I understand you correctly that you wanted to transfer the space from one active C drive to active D drive. I would like to inform you that once we have created the partition then we will not be able transfer the space to another drive without the use of third party applications which are not supported by Dell.

Glad to help.

Thank you.

Shalini-R

Dell |Social Outreach Professional | Please reach us at : http://en.community.dell.com/

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

June 1st, 2012 21:00

It still depends on what is on the partition, what it is used for, and what exactly you want to do. Windows has lots of flexibility and tools to work with partitions ... it just depends on what you need to do.

21 Posts

June 28th, 2012 03:00

I used to used  partition magic for windows 7 software: www.partition-magic-windows7.com to migrate my OS, after I used this software I find it has a one-click solution to allcate free space from any partition to other partition .

No Events found!