Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 13th, 2011 13:00

Needed a recovory disc from dell!Urgent!

My windows 7 home premium crashed, and i went to format my inspiron and my friend installed a pirated windows 7ultimate. I know that was really ridiculas,but i'm very new in computer things.
And now i wanted to have my genuine windows back!Anyone can help me?I just bought my inspiron after 1 month then it crashed.=( How to get rid of the pirated windows and have my genuine windows 7 back?i don't wanna spend money for buying genuine windows again,expensive
I don't have the recovery disc and installation disc. Yet, i have the windows 7 home premium key at the back of my lappy. Microsoft support asked me to get recovery disc from dell. Anyone have the same problem as mine?

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

April 13th, 2011 14:00

Your "friend" probably destroyed the recovery partition while attempting to install the OS.  You need to call tech support and order a reinstall disk.  I'm sure someone will be along shortly with a link for you to request one.  Where are you located?

6 Posts

what kind of link?
I live in Malaysia, Penang 

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

Just a link on Dell's website for requesting installation media.  I've only ever seen the links for US/Canada and the UK though.  Call Dell tech support in your country to inquire about installation media.

No Events found!