Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 21st, 2009 18:00

New Window 7 OS..

Is anyone using this new system? If so, I would love to hear about it. Do you like it? How does it perform?

October 21st, 2009 18:00

i have been using it since the early beta stages...

windows 7 is awesome dude...

i think microsoft have done some worthy windows operating system after windows XP..

improvements are really great... visual interfaces.. i mean the themes are awesome...

see the following...

faster than windows VISTA

looks cute than windows vista...

faster boot times than windows vista...

more secure than windows vista...

audio/video playback is excellent...

response time is excellent...

as all windows product age... ( i mean they slow down after certain period of time)...

windows 7 also slows but as time passes... but even at that time runs faster than vista...

also we do have windows XP compatibility mode also....

windows 7 has direct x 11 so u can really experience the games...

58 Posts

October 22nd, 2009 01:00

You do realize you posted this in the Linux forum, right? :emotion-1:

I have been using the RC for a couple of weeks. I'm pretty neutral on it really. Apparently it is a big improvement over Vista but I never used Vista. UAC is still a poor hack to try to improve security but still annoying enough that most users will turn it off at which point it serves no purpose whatsoever. The Aero window themes waste a lot of screen space in the title bar although I imagine this can probably be fixed with custom themes. It does seem pretty quick but then again I'm running it on a brand new quad core with 4 GB of memory. I'm also running the 64 bit version and haven't had any 64 bit related problems so that puts it at "better than XP 64 bit" and all my (relatively new) hardware worked out of the box. The one feature I do actually like is the resource monitor. It provides a lot of detailed information about the performance of your system and is pretty easy to browse around in.

At the end of the day, I've been having a more enjoyable and more secure user experience in Linux for several years now, including 64 bit support. I will be using Windows 7 on my gaming machine but that's it. Everything else I do, from my laptop to my home theater PC to my file server will all be staying on Linux.

No Events found!