This post is more than 5 years old

June 22nd, 2006 15:00

No Separate Left or Right Audio Channels

I have a Dell C640 with

Intel 82801CA ICH3-S - AC'97 Audio Controller [B-1]

and

Crystal Audio Driver

I'm running Windows XP Service Pack 2.

I just need a way to fix this audio issue. I've tried different drivers but doesn't seem to be the issue. The sound tests all show that I have mono sound. And I've tried changing the audio properties many times and have used headphones, 5.1 speakers, and laptop speakers with the same result.

Message Edited by manogamez on 06-22-200609:43 AM

43 Posts

June 22nd, 2006 16:00

Hmm... well I found a test mp3 that specifically tests left and right channels and it doesn't seem to work. However I downloaded a Windows Media Player HD showcase video and that seems to be in stereo because I can hear the jets go from left to right. I'll download a sample of that CD you mentioned and test it. Thanks for the reply.

2K Posts

June 22nd, 2006 16:00

That's strange. Did you try playing a stereo song, like "Nowhere Man" by the Beatles, from the Rubber Soul CD??

Sounds like it could be a sound card issue. Did it used to play in stereo?? If it did, did you try system restore?? Did you try a pci sound card??

Some of my ideas may not work on yours, because you have a different model.

43 Posts

June 22nd, 2006 17:00

Well it turns out I just needed to move to a quieter room to notice the channels. Weird. Anyways thanks for the help.

2K Posts

June 22nd, 2006 17:00

Glad to help!!:smileywink:
No Events found!