Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 20th, 2013 21:00

No Subject

okay we need your help.. I've been reading about alot of problems with the dell latitudes. my roommate downgraded from windows vista to windows 7& now he isn't catching a wireless signal at all. he said he has tried uninstalling & reinstalling the drivers. I've read about so many problems, that we just don't know where to start. most of the forums I read had to do with Verizon & a linskeys router, but we have an arris modem&router. I've read problems about updating the memory, disabling Bluetooth, "hiding an ssid?"..... please help! I need a list of everything/anything that could be causing this problem! thanks :/

1.5K Posts

May 20th, 2013 23:00

Hi  sidewayseight,

Welcome to the community.

Kindly let us know the model number of the system and wireless card installed. Also, if you have upgraded the system to Windows 7 you might need to install a compatible wireless driver.

Please provide us this information so that we can assist you to resolve this issue.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

2.5K Posts

May 20th, 2013 22:00

You don't downgrade from Vista to Windows 7, from Vista to Windows 7 is an upgrade,  So which O/S are you running Vista or Windows 7?  Exactly what make and model PC is your room mate running?  Does the PC and router configuration match? SSIDs, passphrase, security mode, IPv4 or IPV6, 2.4 GHz v. 5.0 GHz, and 802.11 [abgn]?

No Events found!