Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 30th, 2015 08:00

Not able to access Bios or Boot

It all started with the computer telling me that my Intel Rapid Storage was not running  with  "Error opening program CLR20r3". Researched it  downloaded and installed  Net frame work 2.0 just to be safe.  Ran the Intel Rapid storage repair twice with no success. Down loaded  Intel RS setup and update .Iobit deep uninstalled the not running program .Installed the new Intel setup and update. Rebooted. Alien FX's Started fan up @ 100% and system rebooted. fixed the fan speed . Rebooted, again 100% fan , followed by key board and mouse  and that's it. No signal to monitor and no boot.I've tried to boot from a Windows 10 USB without success. it just sits and Whirrs. mouse and key board are way down on the boot list so I can't do an F2 or 12 @ startup.  In short it  appears bricked. I'm going to try using a standard key board to perhaps get into F2

So I need some suggestions as to how to get out of the feedback loop? ,or the corrupted boot tree ?or the *** happened or to just get it booted to where I can try to repair things.

I'm running an Aurora (late 2009) 

Intel Core i7 960 (3.2GHz, 8MB Cache)  

6GB Triple Channel 1600MHz DD R3

4 Operator

• 

2.3K Posts

October 30th, 2015 10:00

In all honesty I have been reading items that have stated Windows 10 has somehow 'bricked' computers, damaged Monitors and other hardware.  Since you have wiped CMOS, etc., I would call Microsoft and see if they have a trick at all.

No Events found!