Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 11th, 2011 20:00

OK, so how do I uninstall TrendMicro that was included??

Just received a new Precision mobile with TrendMicro preinstalled, which I absolutely do not want. I tried to uninstall and Win 7 informs me that I need to have admin rights to uninstall. I AM an administrator. So how do I get rid of this?

7 Posts

December 13th, 2011 05:00

News flash! I've managed to uninstall TrendMicro somehow despite Windows' protestations that it could not do so. Thanks for your time.

• 

16.7K Posts

December 12th, 2011 09:00

kymarto,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

You can try right clicking and choosing run as Admistrator.You can also click the link below for information on uninstalling this program.

How to uninstall my Trend Micro program using the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit

Run the program while in Safe Mode so that all components will be deactivated.

7 Posts

December 13th, 2011 00:00

Thanks for your answer. Today Windows decided that I was an admin after all, but I have a new problem. During the uninstall I get a fatal error saying that the program cannot start because a dll is missing, and suggests I reinstall the program in order to uninstall it. However I have only a recovery disk, no separate software disk, so I do not have the program to reinstall to uninstall. Any suggestions?

For the record I must say that I am very disappointed that Dell chooses to install unwanted trialware on my new system that I do not want, and which causes so many problems...

No Events found!