Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Y

January 29th, 2016 08:00

Optiplex 1070 factory reset

Hi

Dell OptiPlex 7010 came preinstalled with Win 7 64 bit and a Win 8.x DVD. Original partitions are intact.

We needed to restore the pc to Win 7 factory settings as pc is playing up. We went into Windows Recovery (F8 at start up and Recovery option). Tried Dell Backup and Recovery, nothing happened.

Rebooted into Win 7 and used the Dell Backup and Recovery software to create the factory reset USB media.  Booted from the media and still Dell Backup and Recovery option does nothing.

Downloaded Dell backup and Recovery software with new interface. It tries to prepare environment for a long time and then fails and uninstalls itself.

What are we missing and how can we reset the pc to the Win 7 factory settings?

Thanks

Regards

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

January 29th, 2016 08:00

71 Posts

January 29th, 2016 09:00

Hi

I don't get what link suggests. I only get what I mentioned in my post.

Regards

February 9th, 2016 06:00

I bought a used laptop from the Salvation Army for troubleshooting connectivity problems on our network and took the time to request backup CDs from Dell by mail. If I recall correctly, it arrived the next business day and was no charge for either disc or shipping.

Do you have any restore points? See if you can restore all the way back to the first time you turn it on.

No Events found!