Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

V

January 14th, 2014 04:00

Optiplex 380 - Nvidia Guard 1.2 Urgent Update on dell website

Optiplex 380 4GB Ram Dual core E5800 Windows 7 64Bit Asus Nvidia Geforce 630 I haved a look at dell drivers to see if there is any updates, then i saw there is an urgent update that is called "Nvidia guard" and it sould be installed over my current nvidia driver 332.21 ? i want to know if should i install this update? what this update do? do i need to install it after the nvidia official driver installation? how important to install this update? maybe this update is for optiplex 380 that have arrived with nvidia card from dell only? Thanks, Adi.

47 Posts

January 15th, 2014 08:00

Anyone ?

47 Posts

January 25th, 2014 03:00

Aynone?

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

January 25th, 2014 09:00

What is the link to this "driver" in question?

47 Posts

January 25th, 2014 12:00

Here is the link: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/optiplex-380?driverId=WYV19&osCode=W764&fileId=3153012888&languageCode=EN&categoryId=VI

47 Posts

January 25th, 2014 12:00

This is the link: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/optiplex-380?driverId=WYV19&osCode=W764&fileId=3153012888&languageCode=EN&categoryId=VI

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

January 25th, 2014 19:00

Yes, you should install it ... or choose not to ... here is the information on what it does:

Important Information:

If a user installs the NVIDIA Guard Service, some non-critical capabilities in the NVIDIA Control Panel may be affected, depending on the OS and driver revision.   This may effect  systems <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU> from 2008 or earlier if they are using a driver version earlier than 257.   For systems using driver version 257 or greater, there are no changes in the behavior of the NVIDIA Control Panel.  Changes to the following may not take effect (all previous settings will be retained):

For Windows XP: * “Show SLI Visual Indicator”, the change will not take effect. * “Show PhysX Visual Indicator”, the change will not take effect. * “Enable / Disable Resolutions” not exposed by the display * NVIDIA GeForce Update Service for auto downloads will not reflect the user’s choice.

For Windows Vista/Win7 * “3D Setting Application Profiles” will not be applied.  All previous settings will    be retained. * “Show SLI Visual Indicator”, the change will not take effect. * “Show PhysX Visual Indicator”, the change will not take effect. * “Enable / Disable Resolutions not exposed by the display * NVIDIA GeForce Update Service for auto downloads will not reflect the user’s choice. * If NVIDIA GeForce Update Service option enabled, no new updates will be made to the   “Application Profiles”. 

Workaround available to Enable / Disable Resolutions not exposed by the display:  On the Desktop screen, Right click mouse > select Personalize > Display > Change display settings > Advanced settings > Monitor and select or de-select “Hide modes that this monitor cannot display”.

47 Posts

January 27th, 2014 09:00

Hi theflash1932, Thanks but i could read this information on the download page.. nothing new here, but noone really knows what this application really does?
No Events found!