Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 18th, 2009 23:00

Out-of-the-box Windows 7

Hey all,

I just got my brand new Studio XPS 16 and LOVE IT. However, I really liked the gray default background and theme that came with Windows 7. Where can I find that???

(I've reinstalled Windows 7 and this is no longer available to me. I really don't like the default Windows 7 look after reinstall.)

Also, has anyone had any luck adding languages??? I go to Start -> Control Panel -> Clock, Language and Region -> Region and Language -> Keyboards and Languages and under that tab, there is no "Display Language" section as I have seen mentioned in many online websites. Any help? Thanks!

Collen

4 Posts

December 19th, 2009 08:00

Thanks! I'd seen that website before and I've actually downloaded a supposed Simplified Chinese language pack but don't trust it. It's not from an authentic MS source. Based on that link you provided, it says you can go to the Display section of the "Keyboards and Languages" tab, but you can see from my screenshot below that there is no Display tab available for me. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

3.4K Posts

December 19th, 2009 09:00

The Microsoft page HERE mentions that the Windows 7 Language packs are only for the Ultimate and the Enterprise versions of Win7.

933 Posts

December 19th, 2009 03:00

Go into control panel and then click on display, then click on personalize

Bob Moyer

3.4K Posts

December 19th, 2009 07:00

Also, has anyone had any luck adding languages??? I go to Start -> Control Panel -> Clock, Language and Region -> Region and Language -> Keyboards and Languages and under that tab, there is no "Display Language" section as I have seen mentioned in many online websites.

Hello,

Take a look HERE for the language pack.

4 Posts

December 19th, 2009 07:00

For clarification, I'm aware how to change the background. I just don't know where to get the default DELL gray background that came with the out of the box install. It's different from the default Windows 7 background from the reinstallation CD.

4 Posts

December 19th, 2009 13:00

Thanks. It seems your answer is exactly correct. I'll look into upgrade options.

No Events found!