Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 26th, 2008 14:00

Outlook Express 6

When I try to send a email using Outlook Express with an attachment from WordPerfect 11, I get an error message saying that the message was not sent.  When I go to the outbox in Outlook Express, I find the email is located there.  When I highlight this email, the message appears on the screen, and when I click on the "paper clip" attachment, it goes to WordPerfect 11 and the document I have been trying to send appears.

Why am I unable to send the email with attachment from WordPerfect 11?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 26th, 2008 14:00

When you attach the WP document to the message are you actually attaching the document or just a link to the document on your hard drive?  You have to actually attach it.

Does other attachments work OK, such as a photo, MP3 file, regular data file, etc? 

4.4K Posts

May 26th, 2008 15:00

Check in OE, tools, send tab, that save copy in sent folder and send message immediately are checked.

Are you sure the email was not sent? It may be stuck in the outbox if the outbox.dbx file is corrupted. To test this you could try sending one to yourself.

To fix the Outbox.dbx do the following:

1. Move any emails that are in the outbox and that you want to keep to the drafts folder or some other folder (create a subfolder in the inbox if necessary).

2. Close OE.

3. In Control panel, folder options, view tab, check show hidden files and folders, uncheck hide extensions for known file types, uncheck hide protected operating system files (click yes/OK on any warning message). Click Apply OK.

4. in Windows Explorer or My computer, navigate to

C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{31391EF3-B3AC-4F12-94D8-DC2DA45E9526}\Microsoft\Outlook Express [note, the long alpha numeric folder name may be different on your system).

5. Delete the file Outbox.dbx.

A fresh copy will be created when you next open OE.

Open OE, test sending a file with attachments: does it get sent and moved to the sent folder.

No Events found!