Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

June 22nd, 2008 15:00

Photograph viewing and resizing in Vista

I have just bought an Inpsiron 1525 and I am having a bit of bother getting use to Vista when dealing with photos.

With WinXP it was easy to preview by doubly clicking on a photo. With Vista I cannot seem to find the preview program under "Open With". I keep having to open an editing program or windows photo gallery which doesn't even have all my photos in it, This is most unsatisfactory. The best I can do is right click and choose preview which is a bit of a pain when you have loads of photos to view.

Also I cannot find the useful resizing feature which could be accessed by right click on a photo in winxp. Any ideas on how to get this to work woul be appreciated.

Thanks

Terry

39 Posts

June 23rd, 2008 13:00

Unfortunately there is no photo resizing utilities included with Vista, but there are numerous freeware versions available for download that work just fine Vista.  As for viewing your pictures, I would recommend IrfanView, another free shareware program that will allow you to view you pics in many various formats. Search on Google.
No Events found!