Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

June 24th, 2006 19:00

Pinnacle Video Editing Software

If anyone out there uses Pinnacle Video Editing Software (example, http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A0364505) see the website, please let me know.  I just bought a digital video camera with hard drive storage capabilities and need a good easy to use video editting program.

My main question is:  When editting a video, I want to be able to have no sound in the first two minutes or more of the video.  After my music track has played for the first two minutes of the video edit, I want the sound to fade in as to whatever was recorded when shooting the video.  It is similar to how movies start their title sequences.  You hear the music, and see the video but you don't hear any voices or any other noises.  After the titles and music have passed, it fades in to the actual voices and noises recorded on film.  Does this Pinnacle software have that feature?

I want to be able to fade from one audio source (CD Track) to the video's audio where one actually hears what was recorded on the camera, if this makes sense.

Anyone using Pinnacle, please let me know what you think about the software and have an answer to my question.

Thank you,
Jonathon Mooney

445 Posts

June 25th, 2006 09:00

Yes, Pinnacle can do all that, and more.

I have used it for about 3 months now and after some initial difficulty in understanding the process of adding various sound elements, transitions, and inserting menus/chapters I can say I am quite pleased with the results.

The website has a very extensive support database, that is quite helpful in answering questions.

Tho the supplied answers are  a bit convoluted, in that I found it a bit difficult deciphering the actual steps necessary to solve the problem I was having, (i.e. inserting video to run on Menu Page)

The forums there are full of knowledgeable folks as well

Good Luck to ya

July 4th, 2006 18:00

Hi,

Yes this is possible check out http://www.marketingmedia.co.za/..

regards
flythefish

August 19th, 2006 06:00

Hi

Am now editing 'flying the falls' in HDV with Pinnacle and a Dell Dual Core Machine with and 2407 HD monitor, works very well.

regards

flythefish

www.marketingmedia.co.za
www.flyingthefish.com
www.flyingthefalls.com
www.fishproductions.co.za

No Events found!