Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 30th, 2010 07:00

Problems downloading Vista 64bit

I have an old Dell printer 962 and need to connect it to my new imac with Windows 7. Officially they are not compatible, but Dell told me that it should work if I download Vista 64bit. I tried that from the Dell driver download web site but then got the following message: Dell Driver Download Manager   There are no files to download. Please go to Drivers and Downloads to select files.

The strange thing is that is empty.

What can I do to sort this out?

I SORTED THIS ISSUE OUT AND HAVE DOWNLOADED VISTA 64BIT. Now I have another problem: C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe is trying to detect the printer and cannot find it. For some reason the imac does not detect the printer, I cannot find it under devices and printers. Any idea?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 30th, 2010 08:00

giselapiercey,

First try running Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs in the queue.

Disconect the printer.

Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer. Make sure the p[rinter is removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

Please read How to by-pass the Dell Download Manager

Next download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 7 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 7 64-bit. In stall the drivers in the Compatibility mode You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on)

Links to the patch/drivers can be found at...

Dell 962 All-In-One Inkjet Printer owners thread (W7)

Rick

December 30th, 2010 23:00

I have now tried something else. I have a PC laptop with Windows 7. When I connect the printer it does detect it (contrary to the imac). I tried to download the Vista 64bit and get the following error messages:

C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe  SetThrsh.exe 10985110 Access is denied

SetThrsh.exe has stopped working

Failed to find driver installed for this machine. Install a valid driver then run this utility again.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 1st, 2011 08:00

GiselaPiercey,

If your conputer has Windows 7 64-bit system installed, then you should be ablke to follow the instructions in the Dell 962 All-In-One Inkjet Printer owners thread (W7)

If you're this is a Mac Operating system and you have Window 7 installed on a seperate partition, my friend said to try Suse.

Rick

No Events found!