Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

January 2nd, 2005 22:00

Problems with Norton Antivirus

I'm running Norton Antivirus 2004 (full version not the demo) on my Inspiron 5100. Have had it on there for about 9 Months - All of a sudden I ahve a problem when I start the computer up - after windows loads - it freezes totally for about 6-120 seconds. On another forum I got a suggestion to check for error messages in Admin Tools/event Viewer - there is an error message "Symantec Core LC Service hung up on starting" Other posts in other forums here have mentioned about the problem being in the deo version but this is  not the demo version. Any ideas? I tried googling it but so far have not come up with solutions just others with the problem.

Thanks!!!!!!

31 Posts

January 3rd, 2005 00:00

Steve,

Thanks for the reply - I checked Symantecs site - nothing posted and I didn't feel like paying for their tech support - I found lot of references to this problem on the web - seems quite a few have it but no solutions - I am in the process of trying to reload Norton and seeing what happens.

Thanks again for the reply

28K Posts

January 3rd, 2005 00:00

Have you checked the Symantec web site.  Before I quit using Norton, there were various times when Symantec would release a bad update file which caused all kinds of problems.  If this has happened again, they will eventually fix it, but in the meantime, users will have problems.  Check the Symantec support site to see if there is a current fix.

Steve

415 Posts

January 3rd, 2005 03:00

Check out this thread. It may help.
No Events found!