Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 31st, 2009 16:00

Quick Question

I had to reinstall my Vista and such, got everything up and running fine. But I have a question. I don't have all the customization options I used to with my themes. I used to be able to change the taskbar color and window color and appearance, but I can't anymore. Is there anyway I could get that back? I'd REALLY like to. Thanks in advance for any help!

2.8K Posts

June 20th, 2009 16:00

Does the window look like the image below when you click on Window Color and Appearance?

Ticking the Enable transparency check box makes a window border appear the way you want it to & like the image you posted on June 9th. At least it does on my computer. You can tell the window header is transparent in the image above too.

13 Posts

June 20th, 2009 21:00

Does the window look like the image below when you click on Window Color and Appearance?

Ticking the Enable transparency check box makes a window border appear the way you want it to & like the image you posted on June 9th. At least it does on my computer. You can tell the window header is transparent in the image above too.

It looks like this:

It looked the way you had it before I reinstalled my Vista.

2.8K Posts

June 22nd, 2009 00:00

It looks like this:

It looked the way you had it before I reinstalled my Vista.

You shouldn't be seeing the screen you posted unless you click the Open classic appearance properties for more color options link in the screenshot I posted. I can think of no reason why clicking on Window Color and Appearance would take you straight to the Appearance Settings window rather than opening up the proper screen. You mentioned the system is a XPS 420. Did you try using the PC Restore utility before you went & performed a manual OS reinstall using the Vista disc?

13 Posts

June 22nd, 2009 11:00

You shouldn't be seeing the screen you posted unless you click the Open classic appearance properties for more color options link in the screenshot I posted. I can think of no reason why clicking on Window Color and Appearance would take you straight to the Appearance Settings window rather than opening up the proper screen. You mentioned the system is a XPS 420. Did you try using the PC Restore utility before you went & performed a manual OS reinstall using the Vista disc?

I tried using the PC restore, but it didn't work, because I had to totally wipe 7 off. That's what I get when I click on appearance and color settings, and have ever since I reinstalled it...

2.8K Posts

June 22nd, 2009 17:00

I tried using the PC restore, but it didn't work, because I had to totally wipe 7 off. That's what I get when I click on appearance and color settings, and have ever since I reinstalled it...

Ah, I think I just found what your problem is. Select Windows Aero in the Color scheme menu box then click Apply & OK. You should then get the Window Color and Appearance screen shown in the image I posted.

13 Posts

June 22nd, 2009 20:00

THANK YOU SO MUCH! IT WORKED!

2.8K Posts

June 23rd, 2009 10:00

Great! Glad to have helped. :emotion-1:

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

June 23rd, 2009 10:00

For a "Quick Question", this sure turned into a saga!

Since I'm not a Vista user, I would have never figured this out. Good job, Namek! :emotion-21:

Ron

13 Posts

June 24th, 2009 11:00

Since I'm not a Vista user, I would have never figured this out. Good job, Namek! :emotion-21:

Ron

hahaha. Yes, it definitely did. Thanks again, Namek!

2.8K Posts

June 24th, 2009 19:00

[quote user="RoHe"]

Ron

hahaha. Yes, it definitely did. Thanks again, Namek!

[/quote]

Yeahsureyoubetcha! 

No Events found!