Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 24th, 2009 22:00

Quick Set VS. Vista (help)

hey guys .. i have a problem ..

see i just upgraded my xps m1710 to windows vista 32bit .. and i had a lot of problems .. i fix them all .. just takes a few hours and some know how .. anyways the 1 thing i cant figure out is .. when i started my comp up my CPU would be at 50%-72% load .. even after boot up was finished .. and i tried turning off all the cool vista features ..and still had the same prob ...

long story short i figured out that when i went to task manager and shut down quick set my CPU went down to 2%-9% ...

so problem solved rite ??

NO!         lol ...

now my light FX stay at 1 color and have no FX to them .. also all the quick set features are gone since i had to MSconfig and stop it from loading on boot up ... since it took 4 min to load ..

can any 1 tell me why its choking my lap top and how to fix this problem ..  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS. -

to those of you that are having problems with that sonic DLA driver incompatibility at start up  like i was check out this link ... it will save you from pulling out your hair and throwing your comp out the window :emotion-2:

http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/kb/Creator/000131CR&PARAMS=

i dont know how to post links up so you have to copy and past that .. trust me its a life saver :emotion-4:

3.6K Posts

January 24th, 2009 23:00

Stopping it in task manager is no problem,but you can still use it ,as it is controls all your wireless radios.

Start>all programs>dell quickset>now it will show down in your system tray and you can set the items you need.

11 Posts

January 25th, 2009 23:00

yes i know i can still use  my wireless card and stuff .. but iv grown fond of my light FX .. and i cant utilize the cool light up features unless quick set is open .. once i close it the lights stay frozen to w.e color r they were set to .. no strobe effect no color rotation .. no breathing effect..

is there an update for windows vista that i dont know about ? cuz i down loaded the newest 1 for my lap top and its the same thing .. [:'(]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S -

windows vista disk defrag is much diff then XP .. i want to be able to anylize my hard drive and watch the defrag process as it goes .. but vista only has a stupid button and thats all .. is there any way i can get the old defrager look and features back ??

cuz idk when i need it or how bad my drive is .. (yes im picky) :emotion-4:

3.6K Posts

January 26th, 2009 05:00

Whenever you run the FX and lights you will need the quickset program running in system tray.

No Events found!