Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 19th, 2012 19:00

Re: This copy of windows is not genuine, build 7601

hey my dvd drive is'nt working and i have installed the O.S from an pendrive every thing's fine but when i insert the product key it says invalid :( 

what i should do ....? its the same version of windows which dell gave me with the laptop (Windows 7 home basics orginal DVD) and i never exposed that

orginal windows 7 home basics cd key to any one, is there any solution to activate my windows with out any formatting my laptop....?

is there any solution ..? to get online support from dell or micro-soft regarding this problem 

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

June 19th, 2012 20:00

Where did you get the Windows 7 installation files?  If they came from another OEM's media (HP, etc.) or if you were using a Retail version, then the Dell OEM key will not automatically work.  If using Retail media, you will need to use phone activation.

June 19th, 2012 20:00

the windows 7 home premium DVD original was given by dell to me as my dvd writer isnt woorking i have created a .iso file from the original disk and copied that to a pendrive and formatted , ok but phone to whom and can u tell me about the phone activation clearly

just now i have a chat with microsoft executive online they said my product key is invalid :/  i donno what to do now :(

No Events found!