Re: Re-install OS on Inspiron N5030

Jump to solution

Hi Carrie,

Did you get any error message when you ran Dell diagnostics.

Please unplug the battery and the adapter. Press and hold power button for 10 seconds. Plugin the adapter and turn on the computer.

Please keep me posted with the results.

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

0 Kudos
WeimMom
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Good evening,

I resolved the power up issue, however activating bluetooth freezes up the laptop!  How do I know for sure bluetooth

was installed? 

Have a great evening!

Carrie

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Carrie,

Thank you for the reply.

Please let me know the operating system installed on the computer so that I can help you in a better way.

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

0 Kudos
WeimMom
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Windows 7, as long as I disable the system works fine.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Carrie,

As you mentioned the system works fine when bluetooth is disabled,  I would suggest you to ensure that the latest BIOS is running.

I would recommend you to update the BIOS and Chipset Driver of the laptop. Please click the link mentioned below which will take you to the drivers website:

http://dell.to/QjjZDA

Enter the Service Tag of the computer and choose the Operating System installed on the computer. Please update the latest version of BIOS available.

NOTE: Ensure that the adapter is connected and the battery is at least 30% charged.

Please keep me posted with the result.

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

0 Kudos
WeimMom
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Good morning Manshu,

So sorry for the long delay, been in my work mode!  I've updated Bios and Quickset, enabled bluetooth thru F2, however when I go to Control Panel there is no Bluetooth.  I am going to try one more time to re-install the Bluetooth driver off the disk, then I am at a total loss.

Thank you so much for your time and assistance,.

Carrie

0 Kudos
tjarticulates
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I've been following this communication to restore my computer Windows 7 Dell Inspiron N5030...and get to the System Recovery Options menu, but am stuck at this: select a keyboard layout 

All I have to select from is Startup Repair, System Restore, System Image Recovery, Windows Memory Diagnostic, Command Prompt, Dell DataSafe Restore and Emergency Backup.....nothing with keyboard in it....

I tried the Startup Repair and hooked up my external where I had done some backup before but it failed....

0 Kudos