Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 14th, 2012 20:00

Re-installing Microsoft Office after new hard drive

I recently had a dell technician come replace my hard-drive. Now I need help installing Microsoft Office from online. I just need to be pointed in the right direction. I already have the key I'm supposed to use I just don't know where to find the download. It came with my dell purchase so I'm guessing they have it somewhere on dell or microsoft but linked to my dell laptop. Please help...thank you in advance!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 14th, 2012 23:00

Hi,

Welcome to the community

Please check this link ; office.microsoft.com/.../try Download the version of your office (Home and Student, Home and Business or Professional). Hit the "Try it Free". I know it will install the free version but the trick is once you install this free version, you can enter you own Product Key (which is a full version) It will update by itself once online and will be configured as a Full Version.

Note: Completely Install the Trial Version, then open any application in Office. For Example, open MS Word, then hit FILE>HELP on the help page, somewhere on the right side there is an option to enter product key. Then it should update by its own.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

3.8K Posts

May 14th, 2012 23:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. If Microsoft Office was purchased with the computer, then you will need to download it from My Dell Downloads. Use the below link.

smartsource.dell.com/.../Welcome.aspx

Thank you

Royan

No Events found!