Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 22nd, 2011 05:00

Restoring Dell Inspiron Mini 1018 To Factort Settings

Hi just recently purchase Dell Inspiron Mini 1018 netbook with win 7 starter. I decided to upgrade to home premium a friend had an extra upgrade key for me. After upgrading it seemed a little to sluggish for me. So I've been trying to use the recovery for dell factory settings by pressing F8 at the boot screen. But when i hit enter to repair I get an error message saying.  ( the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.  status0xc000000e )   I've also tried CTRL F11 with no luck. So that's where im stuck at any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Armand

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

January 22nd, 2011 06:00

Depends on what you mean by "upgrade"

If you installed the Home Premium from scratch, then you lost your recovery partition as the install of Home Premium would have wiped out the entire hard drive which I suspect is what happened.

January 22nd, 2011 07:00

Hi thank you for the reply iee448. I did the upgrade from the system information page no formatting involved.  You just click on the upgrade tab and then microsoft does it through the internet as long as you have a valid key which I did. I have a friend that did the same thing with his gateway netbook he was able to use the system recovery after upgrading without a problem.

Armand

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

January 22nd, 2011 14:00

a Gateway isn't the same as a Dell Mini1018

I am not familiar with how Gateway has their laptops

No Events found!