Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

June 25th, 2008 08:00

Roxio Creator 9.0 DE fails to run after registration

Have new Dell Precision T3400 with Roxio Creator 9.0 DE installed. Ran Roxio Creator Home for first time and it asked me to register which I duly did. Said registration was successful then program closed automatically. Now the software won't run. Clicking the same icon now does nothing; running the software from Start\Programs also does nothing - no error message, no egg-timer, nothing.

33 Posts

June 26th, 2008 10:00

As nobody seemed to have an explanation (including Roxio), I uninstalled the pre-installed version and re-installed from the supplied CD, and this time didn't register it.

Interestingly though, the CD is an earlier version of the software than the one that was pre-installed by Dell.

1.7K Posts

July 8th, 2008 13:00

Carina, If you just bought the system you might try calling Dell tech support to see whether you can get a replacement CD.  You should have gotten the same version on disk as installed on the hard drive by the factory.  If the versions are different there is usually no problem getting the correct disk sent out to you.

I haven't seen the problem before so I don't know what caused it, but it sounds like something was corrupted on the previous installation either before of during the registration process.  Uninstalling and reinstalling the software is what I would have recommended.

No Events found!