Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 9th, 2009 21:00

Roxio Creator DE

Hello,

I just bought a Dell Studio Slim450s and it has Roxio Creator DE installed on it. The problem is that Roxio is not recognizing my DVD Drive "No Drive Detected". This problem is causing my DVD drive not to recognize blank DVDs. After uninstalling Roxio the drive recognized a blank CD right away. I installed the program again but now I'm having the same problem. Any ideas on how to fix Roxio so it can detect my DVD drive?

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

June 10th, 2009 04:00

First is it not recognizing DVD's but will recognize CD's? as you state or was that a mistake and that it will recognize DVD's with Roxio uninstalled?

With Roxio installed does the optical drive work OK otherwise?  e.g. if you put a CD or DVD in the drive, and not use Roxio, does it work OK?

If it's just Roxio that is the problem, if could be the Roxio "Drag to Disc" (the Roxio packet writing program) that is causing a conflict.  I've worked on several client's PC's with Roxio and the packet writing software was causing conflicts.  If this could be the case, just uninstall Drag to Disc, then restart the PC and see if that makes a difference.

Since this is a new PC, it may be best to call Dell.  It's under warranty and if the CD/DVD drive is defective Dell support is the only one that can get it replaced under warranty.

June 10th, 2009 23:00

Thank you for your replay fireberd.

The problem is happening with blank DVDs, I don't have any blank CDs to test. When I insert a blank DVD in the drive, it doesn't get recognized by the drive and I keep getting "Please Insert a CD" message. A movie or a data DVD or any other DVD works just fine. I called Dell, and after hours of troubleshooting over the phone, they sent me a new drive. I installed the new drive but I still have the same problem. When I open Roxio Creator DE 10.2, in the welcom screen, at the bottom is says "No Drive Detected". So I uninstalled the program and when I inserted a blank DVD in the drive it was recognized. Then I installed the program again and now the problem is back, therefore, I believe that Roxio is cousing my drive not to recognize blank DVDs.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

June 11th, 2009 04:00

Did you uninstall the "Drag to Disc" as suggested?  Although every version of Roxio that I've had has been buggy (and I finally gave up and went to Nero), usually this type of problem is because some other program has the drive "captured" and Roxio can't access it.

2 Posts

February 2nd, 2011 12:00

Here is what worked for me on this problem.

http://docs.sonic.com/support/px/pxengine2_08_40d.exe

You will have to reboot, and the problem should be solved.

No Events found!