Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 21st, 2008 20:00

Roxio Creator Premier SD 10.1

When I received my new Dell XPS 420, it had Roxio Creator Premier SD10.1 installed.  The PC has a 6X Blu-Ray and a 16X DVD+/-RW drivesm 4GB memory, 750GB hard drive.  Is there any advantage to upgrading to the new Roxio 2009 edition?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

September 22nd, 2008 22:00

It depends on all the applications in the 2009 version and what you need.  In general, the versions that ship with new PC's do not have all the features and programs that the full retail versions have.   I don't know if that really answered your question but you will have to compare what the full 2009 version has vs what is included in the new PC version.

If you want a full retail version, take a look at Nero Ultra V8 (probably a V9 will be coming out soon) as it's an alternative to Roxio and what many "techies" use instead of Roxio.  I used to use Roxio and always bought the new retail version when it came out.  But, since Vista, I'm now only using Nero. 

189 Posts

September 22nd, 2008 22:00

Thanks for your suggestion.  I've used Roxio for quite a while, but it has gotten where it has a lot more options than I really use and the last version seemed to take a lot of resources.  I'll take a look at Nero.
No Events found!