Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 1st, 2006 10:00

Roxio Sonic problem

hello,

After I did a system restore on my computer, I tried to open MyDVD LE. This software was, together with the three "Record Now"'s and the Creator Home, included on my Dell PC. The CD with the software was not included and when I try to open one of the programs (except MyDVD LE), he tries to install them and asks for a CD with the file "BMPLE.msi" on it, which I don't have, not included.
When I try to open MyDVD LE, it says that is can't intialise the program (0xc0000142).

Does somebody have an answer for this? Maybe how I can get the file eventually I need?

Thanks in advance,

Tobias

366 Posts

April 2nd, 2006 13:00

Tobias,

Did you try re-installing Sonic`s software?

Jenny
"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open."-- Albus Dumbledore

For the newbies ~ www.djdenham.com/etiquette.htm

3 Posts

April 2nd, 2006 13:00

I can't, I don't have the CD.... Does anybody know where I can get the files?

Tobias

366 Posts

April 2nd, 2006 14:00

Tobias,

Use the information from ChrisM at the bottom of this link.
Chat | E-mail | Call

Dell CD`s

Jenny
"The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure." -- Severus Snape.
For the newbies ~ www.djdenham.com/etiquette.htm

1 Message

April 15th, 2006 05:00

Hi,

Can anyone help please. I have the same problem trying to run Sonic My DVD LE. Although I have the original CD which I have tried to re-install but it stillis looking for the BMPLE.MSI file which I cant find anywhere?

Thanks in advance

Denis

1 Message

October 10th, 2006 20:00

I also have this same problem with the BMLE.msi missing file and the Roxio hotfix didn't do anything for me.

I emailed DELL customer service a couple of hours ago (regarding software) telling them the problem and they have already replied and are sending me a Roxio RecordNow installation disc in the mail. So hopefully this fixes this.

I suggest you directly email DELL customer service and tell them the exact error message you are getting about needing an installation disc that didn't come with your computer.

7 Posts

May 29th, 2007 16:00

I had experienced the same problem and searched to no avail for a solution.  Then I decided to just delete the software from my computer. 

I went to "Add Remove Software" and chose the various Roxio software titles and instead of deleting them I chose the "Repair" option for each one. 

This reinstalled the software from the installation package that is hidden in the hidden volume that contains all of the originally installed software.

Now the software works just like it originally did.

7 Posts

May 29th, 2007 16:00

I had experienced the same problem and searched to no avail for a solution.  Then I decided to just delete the software from my computer. 

I went to "Add Remove Software" and chose the various Roxio software titles and instead of deleting them I chose the "Repair" option for each one. 

This reinstalled the software from the installation package that is hidden in the hidden volume that contains all of the originally installed software.

Now the software works just like it originally did.

17 Posts

June 12th, 2007 20:00

I have the same problem. One question I am not familiar with. How do you find Add/Remove Software and where is the Repair option?

9 Posts

June 12th, 2007 21:00

And how did you find the 'hidden' volume?  When I try to do a repair, how is this 'hidden' volume found?

It appears that neither Dell nor Roxio wants to make this easy. :smileymad:

Thanks

7 Posts

June 13th, 2007 00:00

To go to the Add/Remove Software, Click on Start, then choose "Control Panel" and from the control panel choose "Add/Remove Software"  When that dialog box comes up wait for the list of installed software to populate.  Then arrow down to the "R's" and find the Roxio applications.  Click on the first "Roxio" application in the list.  A dialog box pops up giving you the option to "Repair" or "Delete".  The "Add Delete Programs" takes over from there and finds the original application on the "Hidden Volume" and reinstalls the program.  Then go to the Roxio program and do the same until you have reinstalled all of the "Roxio" programs.

Good Luck
JimLH

7 Posts

June 13th, 2007 00:00

To go to the Add/Remove Software, Click on Start, then choose "Control Panel" and from the control panel choose "Add/Remove Software"  When that dialog box comes up wait for the list of installed software to populate.  Then arrow down to the "R's" and find the Roxio applications.  Click on the first "Roxio" application in the list.  A dialog box pops up giving you the option to "Repair" or "Delete".  The "Add Delete Programs" takes over from there and finds the original application on the "Hidden Volume" and reinstalls the program.  Then go to the Roxio program and do the same until you have reinstalled all of the "Roxio" programs.

Good Luck
JimLH

9 Posts

June 13th, 2007 01:00

Something must be amiss, I don't get the two specific choices to 'Repair' or 'Delete'.  Highlighting any of the programs gets me 'Change' or 'Remove'.

When I choose the 'Click here for support information' and I get 'Repair' and 'Done'; if I click Repair the default location is a number '1' - which of course it can't find; if I delete the '1'  However, if I choose 'Change' from the 'Change' or 'Remove' at the outer level, it does reregister the program and it does open.  But when the program closes there's a 'Mediahub.exe - Application Error' dialog box with "The instruction at '0x0036ae70' referenced memory at '0x0025f5d0'. The memory could not be 'written'. Click on OK to terminate the program" error message along with another of the same nature with different addresses.  Finally a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error concerning Mediahub.exe about a 'pure virtual function call.

Apparently something is corrupt somewhere.  I didn't waste a CD trying to burn one from the program and it's my (very novice) wife's sister's new PC and I hate to have it leaving errors for her.

9 Posts

June 13th, 2007 02:00

I found a patch that worked; page  http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000058MD concerning the Mediahub.exe C++ error has a patch at http://docs.roxio.com/patches/Data204Plus.exe.  I downloaded it, installed it and it appears to be working now.

:manvery-happy:

Message Edited by 396guy on 06-12-2007 10:12 PM

7 Posts

June 13th, 2007 20:00

I should have gone on to explain that I'm running Windows XP Media Edition (XP Professional) XP2.  Different Windows versions may use different strategies, I don't know.  All I know is that it worked for me.

Good Luck

17 Posts

June 13th, 2007 23:00

It worked for me too!

Thanks for your input..........
No Events found!