Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

July 25th, 2008 04:00

STOP ERRORS E310 XP

Here are all the errors we have been dealing with for over 4 months with tech support and nothing has been resolved.

BLUE SCREEN

STOP ERROR: 0X0000008E

STOP ERROR: 0X00000024

IE has encountered a problem and will not close. Any information you were working on will be lost. This closes all webpages.

System reboots on it's own occasionally.

What has been done so far? Motherboard has been replace, Harddrive has been replaced, BIOS DEFAULTS have been reset, system test from the DELL DRIVERS CD ran on "run 32 bit diagnostics" -  received error MSG: System_ERROR This system not recognized as a supported DELL PC Diagnostics may not be run on unsupported systems.

Everytime I call DELL TECH they ask me if we have MEDIA edition, we do not, we have HOME edition. This is the first and only DELL we have ever owned. All the DELL CDs that came with the computer are BLUE except for one, which is RED (Reinstallation CD, Microsoft Windows XP Home Ed Including Service Pack 1a).

Any solution is appreciated. We are running out of patience.

1.7K Posts

July 25th, 2008 16:00

Without the rest of the stop error information I can't be sure, but after doing a googling of the two stop errors you list it looks to me like you are having a software problem with the system.  Have you already tried either CTRL+F11 to reload the factory installed image or done a clean install from the XP Reinstallation CD (obviously, you would have to back up your data first or would get erased)?

If you can list the full error messages we might be able to give you better information ...

No Events found!