Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 23rd, 2008 18:00

SigmaTel drivers

hi

i hope this can help with finding the drivers for some users

i couldn't find the driver for my inspiron6400 by using the service tag number

a member by the name of jaccies (Support/Laptops/Audio) helped me by using the BIOS code

ex inspiron6400 BIOS code =MM061

so i was able to use R171788 exe

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/document?c=en&dl=false&l=en&s=gen&docid=0E0A66569EE8608BE0401E0A54175E21&doclang=en&cs=

5 Posts

March 25th, 2008 12:00

Your post caught my eye. I purchased a new inspiron 1720 which I received last Wednesday, March 19th. On the 20th I started calling tech support because I have had no sound EVER. I have had them and I reinstall the drivers, reinstall the operating system (vista) and multiple other things on a daily basis now since that date. They even sent a tech to my home carrying a new motherboard. When he did the diagnostics, which has also been done on a daily basis, he said it was not a hardware problem, called tech support and reinstalled the operating system once again. At this point I had spent over 5 hours on the phone with tech support. Last night after the in home tech reinstalled the operating system again, I spent the next 3 hours working with tech support via the phone again for almost 3 hours. They also did something with a BIOS update. I was told he was sorry not to have fixed it, but I would receive a call from tech today.... so they can reinstall the operating system. I explained that it had been done THREE times now.. I don't know if they don't understand or just are hard of hearing. I wrote Dell a letter last night telling them Im not spending any more time trying to fix this laptop, that was supposed to be ready out of the box. Now with almost 12 hours of my time invested, and no resolution, I just want a NEW one and fast. This thing is a lemon. Unfortunately, I also need it quickly. I have lined up several classes and I need a WORKING laptop to get these done. That is why I purchased it the beginning of March; so it would be up and running and user friendly in April. Im so disappointed and aggravated with Dell right now. Im really regretting my purchase.

I forgot to add that when they do the diagnostics, the beeps and sounds that are supposed to be heard are.  
No Events found!