Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

U

December 12th, 2012 06:00

The battery meter software of the Desktop Mode tab is disabled

Hi,

I have just purchased an Inspiron 15  3520 (win8 64B)

The battery meter software of the Desktop Mode tab is disabled.

I contacted a dell technician yesterday, but he could not manage to fix it (it took him 1 hour to tell me that he did not know ....)

Could you please tell me how to enable these options?

I already download the last quickset here

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/inspiron-15-3520?driverId=21RF7&osCode=W764&fileId=3000922438

install it - reboot, did not work. notice after that it is the "Quickset Application for Win7 32/64 bit ", seems to be the last one...

I tried this one then :

Release Date: 10/25/2012
Importance: Recommended
Version: 11.0.24, A05

did not work...

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

December 12th, 2012 09:00

Hi guillaume345678,

It would be annoying when certain features of the application is disabled. Please reply to this message with a screenshot of the Battery Meter software that, would help us to provide a resolution.

22 Posts

December 13th, 2012 11:00

HI Ratjath, 

thank you very much for your reply, yes as you noticed, it is really annoying especially because I contacted again Dell service, spent an another hour, without any succes...

thanks a lot for your help !

the first 2 tabs are working (status + helath) but not the third

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

December 16th, 2012 15:00

Hi guillaume345678,

Thank you for your reply and for providing the requested information. I suggest you to download and install the Quickset application for Windows 8 from the following link:
http://bit.ly/Uv92ig

Please uninstall the previous version before installing this and let me know if the Desktop Mode is enabled.

22 Posts

December 17th, 2012 05:00

Hi Rajath,

I tryed to install your quickset version but a waring window said that my current quickset version is already more recent .

current quickset version :  APP_Quickset_W8_X02_A00_Setup-4PF13_ZPE.exe (6.01MB)

I tryed to remove my current version to install your, but I got "incompatible version" warning window

so desktop mode still disable...

thanks for your help

1 Message

December 18th, 2012 02:00

Hi,  Rajath

I have a Vostro 2520.

I'm facing to the same problem. The"Desktop Mode tab" is disabled (grayed-out).  I already applyed the latest Quickset version on support site. Also, I tryed to install your suggested quickset version but  an "incompatible version"  is appeared.

Could you please tell me how to enable? or,,,Is this behavior by design?

Thanks!!

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

December 18th, 2012 15:00

Hi guillaume345678 and nyamuko,

Thank you for providing an update on the status. I suggest you to install the latest BIOS for the laptops by entering the Service Tag in the “Yes” section and click “Submit” on the following web site:
http://dell.to/YFr4GW

Please download the latest file listed in the BIOS section and install it. Let me know if you need further assistance.

1 Message

March 31st, 2013 16:00

Hi,  Rajath

i am facing the same problem the previous users are facing,  i use a vostro 2520 too. has the problem not been fixed yet? because i just downloaded the driver from the link you provided and nothing changed.

thanks

22 Posts

April 3rd, 2013 22:00

Problem not solved,

i kept trying to update each dell software, spent hours, didn't work

I sent back the computer, bought the same, but still the same problem. Called the customer service, as I called from France I end up talking with Moroccan service, nice people but totally irresponsible, and un-professional (not able to transmit information to each other, promise to call back, never do, you need to explain the problem again, and again... The only things they did get from their formation is to beg your "positive comment". 

I never buy Dell again, there is no serious customer service if you call from French speaking country.

shame, I had a very good experience before in Canada 

conclusion : don't buy dell in Europe, you ll be alone.

April 4th, 2013 04:00

Hi. I have a problem with battery meter

Update BIOS ver A06 but battery meter dont enable. Give me solution

22 Posts

May 17th, 2013 00:00

solution : avoid dell, chose Japanish or German stuff if you dont want to waste your time trying to fix what you bought

May 17th, 2013 02:00

solution : avoid dell, chose Japanish or German stuff if you dont want to waste your time trying to fix what you bought

Thanks.I think seri Dell Ins 3xxx not support battery desktop mode.

1.5K Posts

May 17th, 2013 07:00

Hi guillaume345678/namduynguyen,

I can understand your concern. However, the system is working as designed. As suggested by namduynguyen Inspiron 3520 does not support the ‘Desktop Mode’ feature.

Please feel free to reply for any further questions. I will be glad to assist you.

9 Posts

March 5th, 2014 11:00

sir i have dell 2520 with window 8 and i am facing same problem

No Events found!