Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 28th, 2005 23:00

Three quick questions about 9100

Can someone please answer these questions for me.

First, what does Raid 0 And Raid 1 mean? I don't have a clue.

Second, what is the difference between Dell Media Experience and Dell Media Center Edition?

Three, Dell took back my Dimension 8400 because it had major problems and replaced it with a Dimension 9100 running XP Pro SP2 that they sent me. I have the OS disk and the Resource CD and the Dell Tools System Software disk. But no other disks were sent for any of the other programs on this computer. A lot of these programs are totally different than what was on my 8400 and I have no backup copies of any of these programs if the pc were to every go haywire. Would Dell send them to me if I asked them?

2 Intern

• 

18.8K Posts

August 29th, 2005 00:00

robinhood42,

First, what does Raid 0 And Raid 1 mean? I don't have a clue. For more information on RAID than you ever thought you'd want to know go here.

Second, what is the difference between Dell Media Experience and Dell Media Center Edition? Dell Media Experince is an add-on from Dell. Media Center Edition is a separate edition of Windows XP (in addition to Home Edition and Professional Edition).

Three, Dell took back my Dimension 8400 because it had major problems and replaced it with a Dimension 9100 running XP Pro SP2 that they sent me. I have the OS disk and the Resource CD and the Dell Tools System Software disk. But no other disks were sent for any of the other programs on this computer. A lot of these programs are totally different than what was on my 8400 and I have no backup copies of any of these programs if the pc were to every go haywire. Would Dell send them to me if I asked them? They should. See this.

1.2K Posts

August 29th, 2005 00:00

Thanks Denny. I'll get in touch with Dell and tell them all the disks I need.
No Events found!