Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

May 11th, 2007 19:00

Torrents

Simple question, is downloading from a torrent illegal? I know a whole bunch of people who use them, and they have reccommended me to do so also. Same with an indexing service. Can anyone give me some intel on these things?

940 Posts

May 12th, 2007 03:00

Using a torrent site is not an issue. What you decide to download could be illegal. What were you thinking about downloading?

2 Intern

• 

173 Posts

May 12th, 2007 10:00

Actually i don't even know what i want to download yet, or even what they have. I am really new to this, it's just as soon as i saw peer to peer networking on some of the software sites, i thought it might be illegal. And then my friends say that the dwonload time takes a long time, do you know anything about that?

940 Posts

May 12th, 2007 16:00

Torrents are a great tool. alot of software companies are using them so that they do not have to pay for all of the extra bandwidth. They are only as fast as the slowest download link. There are alot of legal downloads available but if you think that what you are going to download may be questionable then just use common sense as to whether or not to get it.

2 Intern

• 

173 Posts

May 12th, 2007 16:00

Alrighty, well, thanks for your help!

1 Message

December 28th, 2018 06:00

Try some of the VPN which are for torrenting purposes along with P2P Sharing. 

No Events found!