Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 4th, 2010 14:00

UK Free Win 7 upgrades and customer service

As no-one in Dell customer Services seems interested, I'll throw my problem out to everyone...

Bought new desktop and laptop systems from Dell in July and August  last year.

Thought I would take advantage of the free Win 7 upgrade offer on both machines.

When the service tags EVENTUALLY appeared on the upgrade system I went though the qualifiying process and ended up with an order confimation, Win 7 upgrades ordered for both machines (both service tags were accepted as eligible).

Thank you for your recent order for the Windows 7 Upgrade kit. Below is a summary of the kits included in your order.
Order Information
Order Date: 11/8/2009 3:15:01 PM - (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)
Order Number:

NOTE - this was October last year 2009. Have received nothing.

My wife emailed customer services in January 2010 and in an email response we were told  - "The estimated time of arrival of this package is between January 10th and Janury 18th. Please be aware of this delivery so you can get this upgrade as soon as possible".

The above mentioned dates have passed by still nothing. UNTIL this email -

The Dell™ Windows® 7 Upgrade Program

Action Needed to avoid order cancellation: Dell Windows® 7 Upgrade order  

An issue was discovered with your order for the Dell Windows® 7 Upgrade kit and your action is needed to prevent cancellation of your order. 

To assist in identifying the problem, Dell recommends reviewing these areas:

-       Shipping address:  is all of the information complete and accurate?

-       Country of shipment:  is the country where the kit will be shipped supported by the program?

-       Registration information:  have you provided all of the information requested to process your order?

-       Quantity of kits: have you requested more than the maximum allowable order of 25 kits per physical address?

For reference, please review the eligibility criteria  and FAQs to confirm your eligibility for the program.

Your order cannot be processed until you have contacted Dell to resolve the issue.  Please have proof of purchase available for the registered system(s) prior to contacting Dell.

Your order will be cancelled on March 1, 2010  if you have not responded .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE THIS EMAIL WAS RECEIVED ON 1st MARCH 2010!!!! I have no idea what the poorly coded HTML is all about either!

If my hardware wasn't eligible then I wouldn't have been able to order the free upgrades.....aaaaargh.

I immediately phoned customer service on 1st March (spending half an hour just trying to get to the right person) and they knew nothing about the order and seemed fairly disinterested, they asked me to forward full copies of the above emails to them. I haven't heard anything back since and so requested they acknowledge receipt of my email - which they cannot even be bothered to do.

All I want is the upgrade discs I qualified and applied for.

I cannot understand how Dell can build some great hardware but seem to now offer such shoddy customer service afterwards.

Phoning Dell is a costly timewasting exercise it would seem and the website is too much of a maze to navigate to contact someone who may be able to help.

who do I contact and how do I do it? phone?, email?, pigeon?, smoke signals????????????????

<ADMIN NOTE: Order number removed per privacy policy>

• 

17K Posts

March 5th, 2010 06:00

wpersons,

I sent you a private message with contact information.

No Events found!