Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2016 15:00

USB Audio

I recently purchased a Dell OptiPlex GX520. According to the ebay seller it has been factory refurbished.

It has XP 64 Pro installed. I purchased this to operate an Icom PCR1500 radio. It works as promised with the following exception.....I can't get receive audio into the computer via USB.

The internal speakers work, the computer plays store music, just nothing from the USB port. (I have tried 3 of the 6)

Thanks for any help

• 

17K Posts

August 3rd, 2016 07:00

jmwelk,

Your computer may need a driver for this device. Click the link below for more information.

RadioReference

2 Posts

August 3rd, 2016 17:00

Jesse: Thank you,

That gives me something else to look at. I chatted with a Dell tech the other nite. After looking through some items he determined that USB input only supported digital info. Which is what I thought. Your link(s) indicate that may not be entirely true, it seems under certain conditions USB can drive analog headsets. Some of those links were aimed at Win 7 and above. I've got a "new" XP. Which I also need to run some legacy software I've acquired. I'm done with the radio for the evening, (mosquitoes were eating me alive). I hit the place with a 1/4 can of Raid and will do the same tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'll sort through some other things and try them tomorrow. Would you like to be kept abreast of my "discoveries"? Let me know, and again..............thank you for your interest and assistance

No Events found!