Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 9th, 2011 05:00

Unable to watch Youtube

Hi,

I'm having issues watching videos on Youtube. Although I am able to play and load videos, it only plays it's audio, while there's no video displaying. I've tried deleting and re-installing my Adobe Flash Player but fails. BUT if i play the Youtube videos in a pop-out window form, it could be played. While other websites like Metacafe.com i could watch videos without issues. Just Youtube. Please help, thanks.

297 Posts

March 9th, 2011 13:00

This issue is all over the Adobe support fourms and the Internet. Seems to be down to an incompatibility between Youtube and Adobe Flash introduced in some 10.2.x.x versions such as 10.2.152.26.

Launch the video in a pop-out window and then right click on the video. Then select "Settings" then uncheck "Enable hardware acceleration". That is the workaround for this and a number of other Flash Player issues. Or downgrade your Flash Player to 10.1.x..x or you could try the latest 10.2.152.32.

If you cannot get a video to play at all,  you cannot get to settings so go here and then right-click on the Flash logo and then get settings etc.

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

March 11th, 2011 01:00

Thank you so much Enceladus. I am now able to play and watch videos without issues! :emotion-1:

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 11th, 2011 02:00

MotherOf666,

May I ask, are you using Mozilla Firefox and Noia 2.0 (eXtreme)?

Rick

No Events found!