dowpnt
1 Copper

Upgrade OS on Ultrabook

Is it possible to upgrade the Windows 7 on the ultrabook to Windows Professional or Windows Enterprise?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
fireberd
6 Indium

Re: Upgrade OS on Ultrabook

Yes, the Windows "anytime upgrade" from Microsoft will allow you to upgrade (if you really need those features).  I have a desktop system with Win 7 64 bit Professional, and I've never used the extra features.  I'm building a new desktop and it will only have Windows 7 64 bit Home on it.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos

Hi dowpnt,

Welcome to the Community

Upgrading Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 7 Professional or Windows 7 Enterprise is possible.

Please let us know your system model as you can upgrade using “windows anytime upgrade” or using the “OS disk”, but in some of the “Ultrabooks” doesn’t have CD/DVD drive.

Please reply for any further assistance

Always glad to help

Aashish Sengar

Social outreach Professional

You can reach us at http://en.community.dell.com/

Philip_Yip
5 Iridium

the “OS disk”, but in some of the “Ultrabooks” doesn’t have CD/DVD drive.

For the ones that don't have a CD/DVD drive a bootable USB can be made with the retail .isos as in my wiki Microsoft Windows 7 official .iso downloads. You may use the bootable USB to install Windows as normal as per my wiki A Clean Install of Windows 7. However Windows 7 anytime upgrade is recommended.

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos