Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 14th, 2006 11:00

VIRUS? When I type, the cursor jumps around

I cannot type on my laptop keyboard without the cursor jumping all over the screen.My OS is Windows 2000. I have run Norton AntiVirus, but I get no results. Nevertheless, it seems a bug has infected my computer. The keyboard has become almost useless Any suggestions as to what bug this is, and how to get rid of it?
e cursor will jump backwards like this. If I continue to type, it works OK unliI it
Sometimes as I type, th   does it ad againgain an 

There seems no pattern - it is just random. Jump back, jump a few lines,  turns off INSERT function, it's totally nuts. It acts like a bug.

Can anyone help me determine the problem, or identify the Virus/fix if this is a bug?

Message Edited by snapplelips on 12-14-200607:46 AM

3K Posts

December 14th, 2006 14:00

You haven't mentioned whether your virus scan was run using up to date definitions (always a good idea), but I'd be more inclined to suspect bad mouse drivers.  If you're using a USB mouse, try one with a PS-2 adapter and see if that helps.  If not, remove/reinstall the mouse drivers and see what happens.

It's also a good idea to include system model details in posts like this, as that will sometimes help with identifying/correcting a specific problem.

274 Posts

December 15th, 2006 00:00

You might want to read this thread about laptop keyboards, as well as the solutions that are suggested to remedy the problems that can arise.  Your woes may have nothing to do with a virus.
No Events found!