Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 17th, 2013 08:00

Very slow start up

I have a D620 Latitude notebook that has been taking longer and longer to start up.  The Firefox was slow and Google Chrome did not help my slow browser also.  I do not know the cause and what to do.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

June 17th, 2013 09:00

Hi crusaders1982,

We can check if the issue occurs in Safe Mode with Networking:

1. Restart the computer and tap F8 key repeatedly at the Dell logo screen to access the windows Advanced Boot Options.
2. Use the up/down arrow key to highlight Safe Mode with Networking and press enter.

Check the system performance in Safe Mode.If it works fine, we can do a Clean boot to isolate the startup or service that is causing the issue. Follow the below mentioned steps for Clean boot:

1. Click “Start”, type “msconfig” and press enter to open the “System Configuration” utility.
  2. In the “General Tab”, click “Selective startup”, and uncheck the “Load startup items” check box.
  3. Click “Services” tab, check the box for “Hide all Microsoft services”, and then click “Disable all”.
  4. Click “OK”, and then click “Restart”.

After the clean boot, if the issue does not occur, open “System Configuration” utility again and enable 3-4 start-up items, restart the computer. Repeat this by enabling few Start-up items at a time and restart the computer. Similarly, repeat the same with “Services”. Make a note of the Startup item or the Service which is causing the issue.

Kindly let me know the results. 

No Events found!