Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 24th, 2008 10:00

Vista SP1 Upgrade problem with IE7

I have XPS1710 with Vista Ultimate.  All was fine until SP1 upgrade this week (as long as UAC off!).

After upgrade several sites will not display in IE7, eg Google Updater, and on other sites Active X controls do not display or will not work.  Also I have messages that latest Adobe Flash Player needs to be installed and can get to the download page but install does not work.  BUT Firefox all works perfectly for all sites!!!  I have all updates installed.  I rolled back SP1 and all OK again, but same problems on reinstalling SP1.  I tried uninstalling all Adobe (Flash Player, Reader9, AIR) and Java and reinstalling using Firefox (as I can't in IE7) and all worked fine in Firefox but no joy in IE7.

I did find a reference on Microsoft Help site about script debugging - known problem - but no joy with disabling this.

Any ideas out there??

5.2K Posts

September 25th, 2008 00:00

Shouldn't have any problem with iE7 after the SP1 upgrade. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall IE7? You might also consider IE8 beta.

22 Posts

September 25th, 2008 10:00

NOT SOLVED!  I clicked the solved button by accident.  I tried both suggestions with no effect at all.  I am also finding that some programs open up blank windows only - e.g. McAfee Security Suite and Google Updater.

22 Posts

September 26th, 2008 10:00

SOLVED!  See thread Vista SP1 ugrade disaster...
No Events found!