Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 17th, 2014 02:00

What's up with Dell Command | Update / Dell System Detect?

I'm just curious. Is Dell trying to get out of the home/casual PC user business? It is my opinion that the System Update tool is very confusing. Not the part where it installs the drivers, but in that there is really no simple notification that it's done anything.

That sounds really angry after proof reading, but I really want to help make this one thing better.

I won't name any names, but another enterprise level PC manufacturer's system update is one click and done. I think you guys should just scrap the current auto driver update software(s) and make something that's one click and walk away. That would help me and lots of other people.

Thanks for reading! My company uses both Kace and Dell everything. I've enjoyed everything except not being able to quickly and accurately update computers that are correctly auto detected by the wide number of software detection methods you have ( Dell Command, Dell System Detect, Entering Service tags etc )

Wayne Martin

IT Professional

Quick Edit: If I am in fact using the entire system wrong, absolutely call me on it and lead me to wisdom, but I still feel like I'm pretty good with desktop support and even I wasn't sure if the chipset driver was pulled in by system update ( It wasn't in fact ) Thanks again.

No Responses!
No Events found!