Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 14th, 2009 12:00

Will system restore delete current programs?

I have an Insprion B130. My pdf reader was not working, so I tried to update it. That did not work because Dr. Watson Debugger would not let Adobe Reader install. I turned off Dr. Watson, according to Windows instructions, but still cannot download the Reader. My laptop is slower than I'd like, and I get lots of exception-stack-errors. I deleted all the games and other software that I do not use but that did not help.

I was considering doing a system restore on it. If I do, will I lose all my current programs? What else would a system restore do? Thanks!! Sandy236

4.6K Posts

December 14th, 2009 13:00

Welcome to the forums Sandy :emotion-21:

Do you really mean a "System Restore", or are you contemplating restoring your system to its factory settings?

A System Restore will return it to how it was on that date.  Any programs installed since that date, will not be available.

Restoring the system to its factory settings however, completely wipes the hard drive, and you subsequently lose everything currently installed!

But before resorting to either of those, try downloading/installing an alternative (FREE) PDF reader - i.e. Foxit Reader, Cool PDF Reader, eXPert PDF Reader, or Sumatra PDF Viewer :emotion-55:

No Events found!