Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 11th, 2016 08:00

Window 7 genuine while upgrade to Window 10 than it becomes pirated

I have upgraded my laptop OS from Window 7 to Window 10 when window 10 launched. Now message appear on bottom right corner than please active windows (Go to settings to activate windows). But my window 7 was genuine and it came with my laptop pre installed. Then how come Windows 10 become pirated.  I lost my Windows 7 produce key. sticker also not available. now how can I activate my Windows 10 . Microsoft online help center said that they are unable to active your Windows 10 without product key.

My Dell laptop model is Dell Studio 1555.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

June 12th, 2016 05:00

Power off your Dell. Remove the AC adapter and Remove the battery. Your Windows 7 COA should be present there. Use your phone and take a picture of the COA. Then replace the battery, AC adapter and power the system on. Try to activate Windows 10 TH2 using the Windows 7 OEM Product Key.

4 Operator

• 

2.3K Posts

June 11th, 2016 12:00

Microsoft should have your product key and information from when you upgraded to Windows 10.  It sounds like there is a glitch with Windows 10 and their license verification service and as such you would have to deal with Microsoft on that issue.  If Microsoft cannot or will not do anything about it, you will have to have your key in order to validate your license.  Dell will not have a copy.

2 Posts

June 12th, 2016 05:00

Thank you very much. Now it is working.

Again thanks a lot.

No Events found!