Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 18th, 2010 07:00

Windows 7 Installation on Latitude XT - CD/DVD Driver not found

I'm installing Windows 7 Ultimate from a SD card (long story).  After the installation loads I get a prompt that a compatiable CD/DVD Driver can't be found.  This was without the docking station installed so there wasn't a CD/DVD on the system.  I tried restarting the installation after installing the docking slice and had the same issue.  I can't find drivers for the docking station or the CD/DVD specifically, I tried the Texas Instruments USB to Serial interface drivers thinking maybe that was it but it wouldn't work.

The kicker is I installed with no problems during the RTM beta and now my legit copy won't install.

Any suggestions (BTW, the only reason I'm installing from the SD card is I downloaded the Image from microsoft and I don't have a blank dvd large enough)

Thanks again

February 19th, 2010 16:00

Dear WAstarita1

I have the same problem my dell inspiron 1545 had Vista and I upgrade to the legitmate Windows 7 ultimate with the last drivers freeware. When I had vista my DVD drive was working perfectly but now it doesn't work and Windows can't recognize the drive. I followed many ways and I can't find the answer but for yours try this way it's from microsoft they claim it's registery problem

This is what you do...

Start the Run Command Prompt

Type in "regedit" without the parrenthesis then click ok

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

Then SYSTEM

Then CURRENT CONTROL SET

Then CONTROL

Then CLASS

Then find {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

The whole thing looks like this:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Then delete the upper and lower filters....

RESTART YOUR COMPUTER THEN THERE YA GO!!!! HOPE THIS HELPS "

If it still not working or you don't see upper and lower filters, so you have same my problem.

Good Luck

No Events found!