Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 30th, 2009 18:00

Windows 7 Upgrade for XPS 1340?

I bought a XPS 1340 laptop because I knew I could upgrade the OS to Windows 7. This information was clear in the ad when I bought and remains on the website of the DELL - http://www.dell.com/content/topics/topic.aspx/global/products/landing/en/us/us/dfh/windows-7-consumer?c=us&l=en&cs=22 . But I could not do the registration online, because there is no option for 1340 in the list and when I called to support, the attendant said that I am NOT eligible for the upgrade. I would have the free Windows 7 upgrade as in DELL's ad. Maybe there are other costumers with the same problem.

• 

17K Posts

October 2nd, 2009 07:00

srdoug,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

Your system is on the upgrade list. I am not sure what is wrong with the site. I am looking into it. You should be able to get the upgrade when they ship.

4 Posts

October 3rd, 2009 19:00

Ok, thanks for answering me. It's good to know that I'm qualified to do the upgrade.

I think there is a problem in the register form, because there is no option to 1340. 

4 Posts

October 13th, 2009 20:00

It's 10-13 and the site still has not been corrected as I'm having the same problem.  Were you ever successful in registering, and if so, how?

4 Posts

October 14th, 2009 01:00

Hey emmettgal,

I think I solved my issue. On the register form, select the option STUDIO on PRODUCT LINE and then XPS 1340 on PRODUCT MODEL.

I hope it works for you!

Doug

4 Posts

October 21st, 2009 06:00

Doug,

YES!!!  Was simple once you know.  Wish all my computer problems were this easy!  Thanks so much!

emmettgal

10 Posts

October 22nd, 2009 15:00

Doug,

YES!!!  Was simple once you know.  Wish all my computer problems were this easy!  Thanks so much!

emmettgal

has anyone tried to upgrade to windows 7? when i tried the windows 7 upgrade advisor the nvidia nforce system management controller and the ricoh memory stick host controller needs to be updated before it will be compatible with windows 7. but for the love of mine where can i find the updates. when you click the go online nothing happens. help please i'm buying windows 7 tonight,

4 Posts

October 23rd, 2009 01:00

Hey charmaineq!

I didn't take the Windows 7 yet, and I think it'll take some time to be delivered (as I've read from other users). And I'm thinking in return this notebook to DELL before it, because I'm not happy. The keyboard is horrible! Some keys don't work well and I have to review everything I typed, because probably are missing letters.

I'm sorry for not helping you now.

Doug

No Events found!