Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 27th, 2009 18:00

Windows 7 and keyboard driver...(inspiron 1440)

Hey there,

I just bought an Inspiron 1440 and the first thing I did was upgrade the operating system to Windows 7, since I get a free license at school. 

Everything has been working great, except for a minor issue. The keyboard doesn't have any lights which indicate if I turn on caps lock, etc... and when the computer arrived with vista it used to display such actions on my screen. It also showed me when I turned up or down the volume with the keyboard. Since I installed WIndows 7 (it´s windows 7enterprise) it doesn't tell me anything, and the battery and eject buttons on the keyboard stoped working.

In the drivers page there isn't any driver for the keyboard, just for the mouse. Can anyone help me?? I really don't care if the battery and eject buttons work, but It's really annoying when I'm trying to type a password and I don't know if the CAPS LOCK is on or off.

I tried calling dell support but their answer was that since my operating system is not the factory-provided, my warranty doesn't apply and they'd had to charge me...FOR TELLING ME WHERE TO FIND A DRIVER!!

THANKS

2 Posts

October 27th, 2009 18:00

I just solved my problem...the Dell Quickset driver was what I was looking for.

February 9th, 2010 12:00

Hi,

Could you just provide me link for the keyboard drivers? I have same Inspiron 1440 and having same problem?

February 9th, 2010 12:00

Hi,

Could you just provide me link for the keyboard drivers? I have same Inspiron 1440 and having same problem.

No Events found!