Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 26th, 2010 08:00

Windows 7 help

I need to install some software,but I need to turn off UAC and set administrative control.I found a slider for UAC but no way of turnning it off.  Please be gental as I am new to win. 7

263 Posts

February 26th, 2010 08:00

cowboycat,

Go back into  UAC and move the slide to the bottom "never notify" and click ok. This will turn it off. When done, go back and move the control back to where you want it. Hope this helps.

4 Operator

• 

5.2K Posts

February 26th, 2010 10:00

Sorry, Here's the real link - UAC

4 Operator

• 

5.2K Posts

I don't think UAC is completely off when you slide to the bottom, you just don't get any messages. See HERE for methods. The only way to be sure is to change the registry to shut it down. 

263 Posts

Thanks for the link. I had not seen that.

I didn't feel the origin was to disable it but turn it off either to download software or not be bothered. Personally, It's not like Vista at all and I think it's a good security item to have in general.

Again, thinks for the info  

263 Posts

KirkD,

Appreciate the info. Was following the UAC help section: Thought this would answer the ?.  I clicked on "here" in your answer and defaults to 'not found". Thanks

1. Click to open User Account Control Settings.

1. Do one of the following:
    2. To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click OK. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. You will need to restart your computer for UAC to be turned off.

• To turn on UAC, move the slider to choose when you want to be notified, and then click OK. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

•  

No Events found!