Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 11th, 2011 16:00

Windows 7 install/deinstall error

I am signed in as administrator using Windows 7 and cannot install/deinstall any programs I get the bogus You don't have enough rights to perform this task, check with your administrator.  Any solutions?

• 

16.7K Posts

May 12th, 2011 12:00

Elbertin,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

If you are trying to install, right-click the installation icon for the program, and then click Run as administrator. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

If the program installs but does not run, right-click the program icon, click Properties, click the Compatibility tab, select the Run this program as an administrator check box, and then try to run the program.

3 Posts

May 17th, 2011 21:00

Dell,

thank you for the input however, this does now work either. I still get the "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation" . I am signed in to the administrator account.  What now?

Gene

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 18th, 2011 08:00

Then either A) You are not signed in on an admin account or B) You are on a domain and group policies are in effect blocking you.

3 Posts

May 18th, 2011 15:00

OK, There are 2 accounts on this standalone PC, the administrator and 1 user.

I am signed in as the administrator and still get this error.  Is there another setting in the registry that is wrong?

No Events found!