Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 22nd, 2009 16:00

Windows 7 install experience

I received my Windows 7 retail disc arrived today.

Installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. A small confusion when I boot to the retail OS disc, brings to upgrade or custom install. When choose the custom install give you the partitions to select. I was not too sure if delete the partitions. Any how I went ahead and deleted the partitions and tried to load driver of my chip set [Intel chipset P965] but could not.

Went ahead and installed the OS. Very quick installment.

Now visited the device manager to inspect the driver details for Chip set,IMSM, Nvidia Geforce 7950GX2, Creative sound Blaster. I had to install the Creative Sound Blaster Driver from the vendors site.

My attempt to install the Vista 64 bit Drivers for

1. Dell's Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Driver [R 149559]

2.TEAC 13 in 1 Card Reader Driver [R 176598]

Failed. It would not install.

Has any body got an answer for that.

Apart from that I am pleased with the Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit [Experience 3hours and 10 minutes]

Regards

2 Intern

• 

1.1K Posts

November 7th, 2009 23:00

Hi,

Do you have a USB Bluetooth mini-receiver with your wireless keyboard & mouse?

I ask this because, mine has one.

Since my last post here on the 22nd Oct 09, I have experimented the install of windows7 x64 ultimate again.

This time round I wanted to try the latest IMSM as well as the Logitech's setpoint 4.80.

The difference from the point of the bluetooth Logitech setpoint for the wireless keyboard & mouse install this time to the last is, after the OS install followed by the IMSM,Video & Creative in that order.

When came to the Logitech, downloaded and right click to run as the administrator [Remember computer is not connected to the internet and Antivirus real time is protection is made inactive] and install the setpoint 4.80.

When request for the bluetooth button underneath the mouse to be pressed for its recognition, remember to first press the bluetooth button on the usb Bluetooth mini -receiver as well. This is not clearly requested on the screen commands!!

Just follow the reset as per screen command, you will get charming wireless keyboard & mouse.

Regards

October 28th, 2009 04:00

I have the same problem with Dells "Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Driver"

My hard- and software:

- Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

- Dell Precision Laptop M4400

- Dell Bluetooth mouse and keyboard

Bluetooth mouese and keyboard are just dead  :-( !

With Vista 32 bit everything was fine.

Any ideas?

November 7th, 2009 21:00

I am having the same problem with Win 7 64bit Ultimate and Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse 5000.  I called Dell technician who was very friendly and helpful, but he couldn't solve the problem either.  The driver for the Bluetooth card installed correctly, but the mouse was not able to connect even though it was recognized and the setup stated that the firmware on the mouse was properly updated/flashed which apparently is required.  So the technician wants to refer me to Dell on Call for a charge.  However, I explained to him that the problem is one Dell should fix without a charge since they sold me the XPS 1640 computer, Vista 64 with Win7 upgrade, and the Microsoft mouse.  This was not a software problem and Dell on Call would not solve it unless they had the driver.  If they did have a driver, they needed to post it. 

Dell needs to step up and be responsible here to release the driver that will work with Win 7.  Of course MS makes both Win 7 and the Microsoft Mouse but they don't have a site for updated drivers that I could find.

November 7th, 2009 23:00

After reading some other discussion sites, I decided to try one more strategy.  I right clicked on the Bluetooth icon in my icon tray and selected "show Bluetooth devices."

I then turned the mouse off and then back on, and held down the discovery button for awhile until the battery display on the top of the mouse blinked green and red.  The mouse was then properly identified in the Control Panel.... Bluetooth Devices file list.  I then right clicked and the properties sheet showed a list of tabs.  I selected the "services" tab and under Bluetooth Services, an unchecked item "Drivers for keyboard, mice, etc (HID)" eventually appeared.  I checked the box and my mouse was discovered and paired with the computer.  I beleive I either had to again turn the mouse off and back on or I had to reboot, but after whichever of these I did, the mouse was recognized, connected, and actually had full function. I hope this helps all those who may be struggling with the same problem.

November 9th, 2009 04:00

Hello,

I have solved my Bluetooth problems the same way. Simply  "Check" the item "Drivers for keyboard, mice, etc (HID)".

Greetings

Jens

3 Posts

December 18th, 2009 17:00

This solution worked perfectly for me...thanks so much for sharing your discovery! Now if I could just figure out what "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" and "Base System Device" drivers are missing.  I should have known better than to do an upgrade from Vista to 7!

14.4K Posts

December 18th, 2009 17:00

This solution worked perfectly for me...thanks so much for sharing your discovery! Now if I could just figure out what "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" and "Base System Device" drivers are missing.  I should have known better than to do an upgrade from Vista to 7!

What System ?

14.4K Posts

December 20th, 2009 05:00

Studio 1555

BASE SYSTEM DRIVER. Note it is for 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Vista and 7

BLUETOOTH DRIVER. Its a vista 32/64 bit driver but should work on 7

3 Posts

December 20th, 2009 05:00

Studio 1555

3 Posts

December 20th, 2009 06:00

Thanks.  I had found the Ricoh driver solution on another forum and it worked, but still have the bluetooth peripheral device error even after the updates on the 370 BT mini-card.  Everything I have seems to be working, so I think I may just choose to not worry about it!

4 Posts

February 8th, 2010 20:00

I never have this option as the mouse and keyboard are inop as soon as it boots. The mouse has a flashing power light and a steady red light on top. Please help if possible. I can't even get into the computer.

Thanks.

February 10th, 2010 22:00

did U have a diff OS before?  was this a free win 7 upgrade disc?  if so I think when U booted to retail OS disc U were supposed to choose upgrade not custom install?  not sure but that is my guess.  but ask cust support before changing.  good luck.

1 Message

March 5th, 2010 11:00

regards to all..

I have a dell inspiron. i had windows vista before and i installed windows 7 ultimate "clean install" recently. it is grest, but i hsve a problem: the windows reboots frequently.. about every 2 hours.. and spontaneously. I have read some troubleshooting about this specific problem ina blog online.. Accordingly, i have tried updating bios driver, intel 45 mobile express chipset driver, ran memory tests, disabled the aero theme and transparency but the problem persists... can anyone please recommend me what to do?

cheers

March 5th, 2010 18:00

btw what is the reason for the upgrade?  what is wrong with vista that win 7 is supposed to fix?

March 5th, 2010 18:00

I have not installed my win 7 prem free upgrade disc yet/still using win vista prem/so please send me replies U get to answer your problem as this will prob happen to me too.

thanks Mark

No Events found!