Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 30th, 2009 09:00

Windows 7 upgrade

I'm trying to register for my upgrade this morning, and I've passed through the pages that confirm that my system is eligible and that determine which upgrade version I'm eligible for, but after that point (confirmation of upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium) I have been waiting all morning with simply a blank page. In other words, I've been unable to get anywhere on the upgrade site where I can order my upgrade. Anyone else have this experience?

1 Message

November 15th, 2009 17:00

I got my upgrade (for Australia) through and received an email that it was successful, but could not log on to find out the status of my order as I was directed.  It said my user name or password was wrong. I have reset my password but that has not changed the situation. I have left a number of comments on the Dell contact site, but not much comes back. Come on Dell, you can do better than this!

4.6K Posts

November 16th, 2009 08:00

Where have you been trying to buy the upgrade - i.e. the Dell website, the Microsoft website, where?  I'm assuming it was the Dell website?

Wherever... have you considered pricing/buying the retail boxed Windows 7 Upgrade from an alternative/third party source - i.e. Amazon, or whatever your preferred store?

You might find it's not only cheaper, but you won't have any such problems with the order process either :emotion-55:

No Events found!